Summer Written Exam Timetable
To help with planning revision work/sessions for the summer exams, etc please see attached for your reference a copy of the Summer Written Exam Timetable.
Oral and practical exams are timetabled by the individual subject departments and therefore are not included on the attached timetable, please refer to the school calendar.
2019/2020 GCSE & GCE Written examination series:
- Summer 2020 examination series – A level (GCE), GCSE and BTEC written examinations 11 May to 24 June* 2020
*PLEASE NOTE: All JCQ awarding bodies have designated Wednesday 24 June 2020 as a ‘contingency day’ for examinations. This is consistent with the qualification regulators’ document Exam system contingency plan: England, Wales and Northern Ireland – https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/exam-system-contingency-plan-england-walesand-northern-ireland The designation of a ‘contingency day’ within the common examination timetable is in the event of widespread, sustained national or local disruption to examinations. It is part of the awarding bodies’ standard contingency planning for examinations. Candidates (students) must remain available until and including Wednesday 24 June 2020 should an awarding body need to invoke its contingency plan.
Following Senior Awards Evening (Monday 16 December, 2019) certificates will be available for students, who were unable to attend the evening, to collect in person from school.
Students no longer at Tadcaster Grammar School can collect certificates from the Main School Office during office hours. If a student is unable to collect their certificates in person they can nominate a sibling or parent to collect on their behalf, the person collecting on behalf of the student must have a letter authorising them to do so from the student or a completed Certificate Collection Request form.
Students are strongly advised to collect their certificates at their earliest convenience, for further education and employment applications in the future.
2019/2020 Results Days
- 16 January 2020 – November GCSE re-sit results day
- 13 August 2020 – A level (GCE) results day
- 20 August 2020 – GCSE results day
Please note: we do not email or telephone results to students.
If you are unable to collect your results in person there are only two options available to you:
- Leave a stamped addressed envelope with the Examinations Office for results to be posted
- Complete a Results Collection Request form for a nominated family member to collect your results on your behalf – this form must be completed by the student and passed to the person collecting your results